Friday, November 19, 2010

random stuff

Just watched the new Harry Potter film. The locations in that movie are truly spectacular. I think it's time we ship ourselves to the Motherland and see what this british isle is all about, yeah?

Emma Watson was... well, let's just say she furrows her eyebrows a lot but nobody's complaining.

The movie feels very doomsdayish, can't say it's much of a pickmeup or that the script will blow your mind, but it really sets up the ending to the series quite nicely.

There, that's my whole film rant about it.

I was driving back to Monrovia tonight thinking about adventure. I miss lusting for adventures.. I feel like danger is drawing back lately. Comfort is washing over me.. and it's great.. but I miss the heroics, danger, confidence-building repetition of conquering fears and misplacing yourself into the totally unknown; trodding your cold feet through unchartered yous, exploring with purpose. Something feels too easy right now, and I don't like it. I feel too collected, and for no good reason!

I realized today that passion is believing something that nobody else can see except you, but you know it's true. Passion is making that truth real so other people can have access to the same truth. For example: you can be the greatest astronomer, but it's all madness unless you can prove to someone else that you are right and that your conjectures are fact. But you have to have passion to drive you through all the days, months and years of nobody believing what you yourself see as truth.
Passion is very real expression of the human imagination, and it fills up our lives.

That's all my randonmess. Maybe I'll be able to sleep now.

Can I just say one thing that I didn't get to?

I just might love you.

night.
Mikie

5 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Just saw your blog, and i'm sorry that i brazenly wedged here (can i say like this? hope, you got it:) ). I like the way you write - quite deep and ironically. Some things are very close to me even though i live in another part of the world.
Laughed about your description of Emma Watson and i'm going to watch Harry Potter tonight for sure :)
Sveta (BM)

Papa Dan said...

I too really like how you write and how the things you say you say with conviction. I like how you can express yourself so well in your writing, something that has never been and never will be a talent of mine. It's OK though Mikie, youve been surprising me all your life. See
You soon. Dad

Mikie Beatty said...

Sveta!

I hope you don't mind i've completely stolen your picture and used it as my header, with the tent. I'm not sure why but i just love the photo.

By the way, brazenly wedged will be used by me at some point of today, because i love that too. I even just said it out loud in this coffee shop.

Have fun at Harry Potter, it's pretty good..

Oh and hello dad :)

Unknown said...

Of course i don't mind i even happy that you like it :)

Harry Potter is so anti-utopian sometimes, it's good though...
and i'll try not to translate russian expressions into english haha :)