Friday, November 19, 2010

Epiphanies about Love

Since I'm saturating my blog lately, I might as well keep it up.

Do you believe in epiphanies?

What really is happening in an epiphany? (AKA - going from one moment having no sense of a thought to the next the universe making total sense triggering in your drunken mind a cascade of realizations, snowballing into a nearly all-new state of consciousness that governs your actions from henceforth onward; one humongous "ah hah!" moment where suddenly all the pieces of your puzzle press together perfectly and your eyes unveiled to some truth you've been struggling to discover all this time) What is it? Is it even real?

Sure, epiphanies are real. Like solving a math problem, and once you "get it" it's got. And sometimes you REALLY get it.

Like, "Ah HAH!!!"

So here's the question: What about Love?
Do the same rules apply when it comes to having an epiphany that you love another person?

Let's say you're running around in your daily circles, thinking about everything from this to that and the other, with people in constant circulation down the rush of the river of your mind, then suddenly for some random reason everything falls quiet.. just long enough for you to look around, see one tiny clue, and realize.. "ah..hah. I love this person"

Is this for real?

Think Alicia Silverstone's "I love Josh!" moment in Clueless.

That's exactly what I'm talking about. Can you go about doodlydawdling and dillydallying one moment, then the next realizing you've been in love with someone?

I don't know. I do know that saying the words "I love you" make me cringe when they aren't meant. And I haven't said them to all that many people of the 7 billion on this planet.

I'll leave it open ended. Epiphanies have always been interesting to me, especially of this kind. Makes me feel like there's some ulterior agenda to the universe that we yet have no control over.

At least my own pen be not "dry as the Sahara," nor my heart. :)

Mikie

1 comment:

moonshinejunkyard said...

yes i believe in "i love josh" moments. and most of all, i believe in you for making a clueless reference on your boyish blog. you rock. say it as often as possible, if of course you mean it. I LOVE YOU!