Monday, November 15, 2010

November 15th.

Lots to do today, lots. Let me just publicly via-blog apologize if I meant to hang out with you today because there's not a chance.

Tonight I am literally supposed to be at three places at once. How does that work? It doesn't.

Probably the highlight of the day is tonight's staged reading for the Actor's Studio that I'm a decent-sized part of..excitedly. Sure I know it's "just" a staged reading, but these people are so incredible to work around and with that I feel like I've found an 'element' to strive to be within- it's good, old-fashioned, credible, language-obsessed acting. With big choices and serious people. Certainly a hearken back to my lovely SSC days.

I get a lot of advice from a lot of different people in this show business world, and every piece of it is valuable. Every nuance fits into the larger puzzle, but the picture's almost infinitely large. You've just got to pick a corner and start building..and if you find another section to work on then make that too. Puzzles aren't simple, it takes time. Still, it's nice to see a picture start to finally emerge, especially when you're not sure what it's supposed to look like in the first place.

Right now I get to go see one of my life's most respected superiors, and ask him for a favor. Wish me luck.

And finally, Mumford and Sons and my awareness for the impeding holidays has me remembering truths that have never gone away. Funny how that works, how old loves never die.. No, it's not what you're thinking. This one's different. This time there's hope. I suppose. And you know how I feel about hope ;)

Mikie

No comments: