Saturday, June 5, 2010

Long Live Richard Dunn

Today the crazy world lost an old and wonderful man named Richard Dunn. It makes me sad, because hardly a month ago I stopped him on Hollywood Blvd to tell him how great he was....and he talked my ear off.

He talked about his 2 Facebook pages, he told me about how he hasn't been on Tim n' Eric much this season but hopes he gets to do more. He talked about his past and his life now and shopping.. and as we talked his bus came and he started running his lanky legs as fast he could to catch up with it. The stop was about 100 yards away, and I sprinted ahead of him in my black W clothes, jumped in the bus door and told the bus driver to wait for him. She didn't mind and he caught up soon enough with his shoulder sack, loafers and cardigan. As he got on the bus I told him how nice it was to meet and talk to him. He thanked me.
So if you don't mind, please take a moment out of your day to commemorate this man, the coolest celebrity I've ever met, and be happy for the laughs and jolliness he's brought for all of us. Thank you Richard for being so strange and amazing, and knowing it the whole time. We love you.

Mikie

2 comments:

moonshinejunkyard said...

i really really love this picture and even double more now. thanks for this awesome tribute, it is all so true and you make me feel like i was with you in spirit meeting the man behind the legend. and how cute he is!!! i will miss him more than he could ever know.

Anonymous said...

Wow, Mikie, what a wonderful story! It is so great that you got to meet him. I'm so sorry he died, sounds like he had some wonderful plans for his future. He got to do some great things. So cool that you stopped the bus for him! Love you honey. Momma