Sunday, September 12, 2010

Unfinished

As I lay here contemplating life, drinking a Hop Stoopid on Alanna's bed in Santa Cruz beneath the La Pasta sign with the occasional gravely footsteps scraping by below while bad Rhianna songs echo from a local bar down the street, all I can think about is how good it feels to be alive again.
What, was i dead? Nah. Just dreaming. Lots of it. But earlier tonight i was standing at the edge of the roiling waves drinking my IPA, feeling the difference between dreams and awakeness.

... This could go anywhere (depending on which vocabulary my iPhone autocorrect sees fit) Why can't we lump our lives together, huh? Why must we choose for keeps just one or the other? Society does not suggest happy-mediums. All I want is to have both lives, all lives, but our ridiculous world refuses to allow the two or three to coexist. "choose your destiny." So that today I feel compelled as usual to choose between ultimatems, between outcomes pressed on us by no one in particular. Of course we have a responsibility to stick to our guns, our manufactured best interest - But what to do in delightful moments of solitude like tonight

No comments: