Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Timberwolf!

Well for those of you whom I don't communicate with regularly, aka for the ether of internet crowds whom might unabashedly stumble upon this hoard of unstrung thoughts, I'm back in LA.

What that means is that I left LA, for about a week and a half.

What THAT means is that I finally had my summer elsewhere, something I'd been anticipating or the past three months.

What THAT means is I had an opportunity to develop perspective and grounding in order to return to Los Angeles with a fresh (almost too-fresh) new vantage point from which to work.

What does that mean?

I guess we're just going to have to see. So let's make a list of conclusions:

Conclusion #1:

Dirt is good or you. Let it cover your skin and mat up your hair. You can bathe anytime - we live in a world of waterful luxury, so get dirty.

#2:

Watch what others are doing. People are pretty darn creative, and there's always a good reason to see what others are up to.

#3:

Writing blogs should be fun and exciting, not dark and depressing. So I'll do my best.

#4:

It's safe to explore your past-selves, those old versions of yourself that we've so neatly tucked away in the drawers of our subconscious.

#5:

You are always free. Even when trapped in the jail cell of society, you are still free. There is never a moment you aren't allowed to stand up, put your hands up and declare, "I'm out." Living in a city like Los Angeles should always be a choice. Humans don't need to congregate here, we want to.

#6:

Money is just money, and therefore meaningless.. Art doesn't need money to exist. People don't need money to survive. But money does need people and the artist in order to work. If you work, you are an artist doing money a favor.

#7:

Never spend a summer away from the river again.

#Photographs:

We created a little buzz of fame this day for these pictures. Satan's Cesspool. This one's pretty solid.


Little faux Abercrombie & Fitch photo shoot with Joey, Emily and Heather in Apple Hill to top off the late summertime




Somewhere along the way I picked up this deep green angel of darkness. I have a new BFF. His name is Timberwolf after his father the Prince of Burning Man Nomads.


This happy request was posted directly on top of an artist's mural in the Liar's Bench in downtown Placerville.


I decided to take a few pictures of my origins, the city of the Gods, Placervillle, Caliornia. Check it out:












And look who came to visit.... :)


Finally it was time to pack up and head to Burning Man. Here's a very small taste of the incredulity that I had the privilege of experiencing:












And now I've returned home to my little temporary stay in Pasadena with a hoard of new love to feed me. It feels like a new year is starting, like the turning over of a new leaf. Having Timberwolf the car in LA has already proved the best improvement in a long time - now to moving!

Migs

1 comment:

Amy Beatty said...

Love this post. So happy and cheerful. Your pictures are great. I have two favorites though. The one of you and Candice - so sweet so HAPPY. then I thinks its the last one. With the people climbing that thing and that guy is in his undies!!! It's those simple pleasures that make me smile so BIG!!! Awesome car by the way :)