Sunday, September 26, 2010

Jobs

Going to Placerville today.. long drive ahead of me. Fast, creative week to follow. Yippee do.
Got a show to do first. And a photo shoot before that.
Wait, hold up - I need to recognize how great last night was. It was great. There, recognized it.

I realized yesterday how much I'd enjoy a regular job. Like a regular job, one that locks you in for a while. Summer is virtually done, vacations have come to a close (except for the little journey I'm taking today). I'm not in school or anything.. I want a regular, acting-related job. Yesterday a buddy offered up the potential for me to work as a stand-in on a TV show, if the show got picked up and he had any sway in the decision. Would i do it? Heck YES. Don't get me wrong, valeting is a strong gig. I get fit fast, meet incredible people and can now drive anything with at least 4 wheels, but the stand-in work sounded like a nice next step in this battle for the future of my place in this business.
Of course in the same day we got the news that our play ELEVATOR has been picked up for a 12-week run at the Elephant/Asylum theatre in Hollywood, with an extension to SF and NY to follow. Kind of blew my mind, but made me think about what I really want to do.
Obviously, acting is first priority. A paid acting gig should be what this is all about. But I also have to invest in my future as an actor in Los Angeles. Kind of a dilemma. But there's plenty of time to think, so we'll deal.

that's enough. showertime. peace out fools

No comments: