Tuesday, September 14, 2010

some kind of warmth

and I can't quite put my finger on what it is, or why it feels so good lately.

But as I was hitting the outskirts of Los Angeles today on my way back from northern Santa Cruz, I recognized a change in the air or something. Something good has happened, and I think I'm responding to it.

The truth is, I just partook in a weekend of love and gymnastics familiarity, got paid and hung out with old friends in that fascinating little coastal haven. it's only natural that I would exit the weekend with a very warm heart. I mean, going to Crow's Nest two nights in a row now feels like a dream come true.. Funny how only a year ago that could have been more than a regular occurrence.. what happened? What's different?

I don't know how to describe the warmth. It's like a hot shower after weeks of being chilled to the bone. Or the first hot touch of sun on your arm after a long winter. Best described as amazing.

Maybe it's more katharsis; all the work and struggle are finally paying themselves off and I'm beginning to feel it. Maybe it's a warmth of some kind of earned security that took a lot of hard work to finally step into place.
Maybe it's that I fall in love with old crushes, marvel over road trips, joke around with 9 year olds, worship a trustworthy vehicle, love being in a play, feel settled in making some money and don't know what lies ahead that makes my heart feel so grand.
Or that it's going to be fall, and then winter. There's snowboarding to be had, more friendships to rekindle and crushes to pursue, jobs to search for and futures to get excited about.
it's all right there, at the edge of our fingertips, like the steam off a cup of coffee on an early november morning in a cafe by the beach, or on your drive to work.
it's such a crazy adventure.

what a nice night

Love you all

Migs

1 comment:

moonshinejunkyard said...

mmmmm, heavenly. you seem so GOOD lately migs and it is nice to witness. can't wait to hang out with you again and meanwhile enjoy that warmth like your own personal little internal woodstove, crackling in your heart!