Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Summer sojourns


48 hours ago I was curled up and truly worried about whether or not I was going to freeze to death.

Now I'm sitting shirtless on my bed, warm in the city, with the window open on a soft mattress.

36 hours ago I was running up the broken gravel streaming in shards from the top of a mountain peak enclosed for hundreds of miles by desolate, white-capped mountains and breathtaking fresh mountain lakes and air.

3 hours ago I was breathing smog and wet must, hefting my pack through the barred-up slums of dirty downtown Los Angeles.

72 hours ago I walked through Union Station looking at the grandeurous architecture.

2 hours ago I did the exact same thing.

It kind of blows my mind what becomes of us when we leave and then return. Little journeys every time. There's never a wasted trip, and every time I'm a little bit amazed..every time you leave your house, you look at the same things then BAM! you're smacked with new things you've never done before until you're walking back into your house and you see those first things again and it hits you "what just happened?" I remember being a kid and coming off-stage thinking, "what just happened?" after curtain call. I didn't realize that 18 years later I'd still be experiencing that same marvel with still little explanation.

Anyhoo, I'm back in Pasadena. Almost like I never left three days ago.
Summer sojourns, ending up coming round full-circled. I live for these things.

Really I just want to kiss and go to farmers markets.
Whatevs. Night

Mikie

3 comments:

moonshinejunkyard said...

rad, i love little journeys and kissing and farmers markets. you're quite the inspirationg young migsy.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
moonshinejunkyard said...

wtf is that other comment????