Tuesday, December 14, 2010

thoughts of an early rider

It's never neessary to make any money, it's just fun to do something. It's fun to make money, work as part of a system of gears helping the calliope function, enjoying the music all the while. All fun, but none of it is necessary.

There are some necessary things. They have to do with loving another a person, eating food, understanding how nature works, understanding how society is put together, understanding what it feels like to be happy.

Play. ;)

Merry Holidays

and the people
bowed and
prayed to the
neon god they
made

Jack FM, you are my automated moodmaker

If you can't say something nice,
say something meeeaannn

just kidding

Just Kidding is the universally most effective way to get out of trouble

example 1:

You're driving down the freeway, a car stops short in front of you and you fender bender their rear end. They get out, furious. So do you, to assess. They're really upset. How can you fix this? You put your hand on their shoulder, look them in the eyes and say, "Just kidding!"

example 2:

You can't pay rent. You don't have enough in the bank, but you write a check anyway. The landlord cashes it 2 weeks later, but it bounces and they angrily call you up to see what's going on. "where's my money?!" they ask. You reply, "Just kidding!"

or as autocorrect would have it, "Jist kissing!"

I love autocorrect.

December Adventure

why do fingernail clippers always disappear?

The longer i live in LA, the more disconnected I feel from technological stimulation.. at least the more selective I become

Good writing is good writing

Bad writing is bad writing

ending a sentence in a preposition is a no-no

Usage of colloquialisms such as 'no-no' or 'shant' should be severely limited

Additionally, exclamants are noisy verbal diarrhea

you can't talk your way out of a DWB

and you certainly can't out of a BUI

I miss being in college, and working towards a collective greater good.

It's important to follow traffic laws, even if they don't seem "polite." Duh.

I fall in love with things I can't have

Everything is impossible, that's what makes living so amazing.

Scars are way cooler than tats.
Though some tats are pretty cool.
See also: Adie and Joey
And some scars are pretty lame.
See also: my chipped tooth.

Sufjan Stevens is an instrumental, vocal and lyrical genius.

So is the Offspring

Road trip?

We live and die by maps. That's how our cognition works, we're at point A, we see point B, and Creativity is finding a way to get there.

I hate autocorrect

The end.

10 comments:

AdieSpringB said...

I love the very first paragraphy. (gahah! :)

IT's so true. Sometimes I think about boring people who are so bored they worked like workaholics and made a shit ton of money. Now they get to buy things and buy new cars but still, inside their little heads, they are boring. The only thing they know how to do is make money and spend it.

Your first paragraphy illustrates that there's so much more to money than meets the eye(wallet). Like having fun. You can have fun WITH ...or WITHOUT...money. If you know how to have fun that is. Sometimes alot of money makes things easier and therefore it is easier in your life to have an existence carefree enough to HAVE FUN. Other times however, even money doesn't make you HAVE FUN.

I love you Mi-mee

mattbeatty said...

You quoted The Sound of Silence. Or All Delighted People. Did you get it yet? All Delighted People, that is?

AdieSpringB said...

Another comment.

I'm so lame because I totally don't know what a preposition is anymore. Also I believe in noisy verbal diarrhea !!!!&#???!!!

And also...duder....I am in love/heart/goodness with Sufjan as of late.

Well....it all started with that dream I had :)
But alas, in another life.


love yow

AdieSpringB said...

I do HOPE you have his Christmas album. Recently I downloaded it from itunes (256 kbps) and lo and behold my sidebar said
"downloading.....42 items"

yep. That's right. 42 brilliant pure genius items out of Sufi's pretty little head. Oh dear he is a genius it is true. I cried my eyes out to Holy Holy Holy.

Then again, we share that Christian idealism and lust.

mattbeatty said...

Ade: I'm buying it right now.

Mikie Beatty said...

Matt - yes, it was all delighted people. But I've had from the mouth of Gabriel stuck in my head all day ("you probably would but I won't let you run away") adie - I love that you write like a wild woman. Verbal diarrhea!! AKA exclamant. I have the christmas album somewhere, haven't listened to it in a while.

Mikie Beatty said...

Don't know why I said "but"

mattbeatty said...

from the mouth of Gabriel is the greatest song on there. SO good, rad.

AdieSpringB said...

I see that out of place "but" Mikie.

I love Heirloom and Enchanted Ghost...they totally grew on me.

Matt. Holy Holy Holy. Isn't it so beautiful? Such a funny album. And i love it.

mattbeatty said...

Ade: I ordered the physical copies so I haven't got them yet!