Sunday, December 12, 2010

Precursor to future resolutions blog

Disclaimer: this blog ain't fancy. don't judge.

I spent the day in Joshua Tree National Park today, giddily leaping 10ft chasms, running vertically up rocky slopes, chasing trails, climbing chimneys, scrambling, spelunking, idiotlike regularday stuff. Dan and Sophie came too. Dan and I are in love. We are destined to be the first heterosexual couple that I'm aware of.

That being said, I found a moment just after the sun had set, and the light blue deepened purple, when I sat down on one of those sticky rocks and looked at the white half moon. Elbows shelved over knees, I realized I had been in this exact same place, exactly one year prior (and by exact I mean just that: next to the same crevass/crevice that we climbed before, during the same light-faden time of day.)

Except, has anything changed? Yes. An epic blur, hundreds of new friends, experiences, ideas, locations, possibilities, and remarkably, some love.

Additionally, last year I made the very distinct New Year's Resolution to establish myself in LA. Since, I've done that and I realized it tonight! I also realized that now I have to make a new (or a few new) resolutions for 2011. Attainable, reasonable, honest resolutions that I can work on - so that next December I can recognize the same.

I'll get back to you.

I mean honestly, what should it be? What should my resolution(s) be?

I'm exhausted. Thank you, rocky truthtelling sculptures, for giving us a perfect day. I'll have to come up with some clever ones, but maybe the simpler the better. Any ideas let me know.

Night

Mikie

No comments: