Monday, December 28, 2009

Initial Resolutions

For the new year, here's some things I'd like to have accomplished by the end of 2010:

1 - traverse the face of Everest from a helicopter via snowboard

2 - mountain bike the Great Wall of China

3 - learn to kayak

4 - jump off Havasu Falls*

5 - swim the length of the pacific ocean with an ability to deep-sea dive and look at the octupus and/or ride the backs of whales

6 - circumnavigate the world solo in a one-man dinghy with nothing but a bag of rice, beans, beef jerky, and 20 rolls of film with a camera on top.

7 - backpack the Pacific Crest trail from north to south

8 - free-climb the tallest tree in the northeastern Russian

9 - ride a pterodactylesque dinocreature while careening vertically down the walls of hanging mountains in the sky

10 - get more acting jobs

11 - learn to leap 300 yards at a time and cross the US doing so **

12 - get an iPhone.

This is only an initial list. I'll update accordingly.

*I had multiple dreams after our Grand Canyon trip about leaping from the watery tongue of Havasu Falls into the blue green water below
**also a dream. and a cool one.

3 comments:

Candice Fox said...

Mikie, I'm going to have to be completely frank with you on this one (not your mom's boyfriend)...I'm a little disappointed. I really thought you wanted 2010 to be an epic year. Is that really all you have for goals? You could probably check everything off on that list in January alone. You are not allowing yourself enough room for real growth. Let's be real here...you can only stay stagnant for so long. I think you need to do a complete rewrite of your resolutions. I really think you can do better...

Mikie Beatty said...

you're right. I'm too safe. I clearly need to take bigger risks, so scratch this list and let's start with this: Die and then Resurrect myself publicly

Candice Fox said...

Now you are on to something.