Monday, December 14, 2009

dew

I've been up since 4:45. This morning the sun rose pink over the whispy clouds and mountains of Santa Clarita. There I sat, in a school bus, circling the studios' parking lots for a good shot. No lines, two stranger actors, my face and the bright sun.
Tomorrow morning I'll drag a black bag of wardrobe clothes and toiletries through the airport security, where I will remove my shoes and unbuckle my belt. The plane will lift off and my eyes will watch the buildings shrink to squares beneath me. Then I'll press my nose against the plastic to barely see the Grand Canyon. Then I'll sit back in my seat, wait, and smile.
Because it feels so good to risk it all. That's where love sprouts; it's the passion in spur of moments. With pants tucked and shoes tied, I'll leave the house in the morning to dance with the whisps of new morning's dew.

so much love fills my heart

see you in Texas

No comments: