Thursday, December 17, 2009

back from Texas
I've been up since 4:15am again. for like 4 days in a row.
Last night it was drizzling, and I got pretty wet. I spent 12 hours shooting a very fun 365 with some cast members of TLK yesterday. I never did see the Grand Canyon, but I flew over it twice. I did see the Alamo, and to this day get a little icky feeling inside when people are too patriotic. I spent some time strolling through the Riverwalk in downtown San Antonio. I ate barbecued chicken, mashed potatoes, some lemon alcoholic thing and key lime pie. I rode the tram through the terminals at the Dallas airport (my favorite) and had some wonderful help getting my luggage to the gate..

There's a sear to the quietness that a new memory brings, a quick burn each time it flies through. Echoed from far it comes swinging through your thoughts, violently wiping away practicality, for just a moment, and then is gone into nothing..leaving you a tarnished wreck of emotional desire
I am addicted to the newness of not knowing
It's like a sport with no teams, me volunteering
as expert player and fool
swinging the bat wherever I see an opportunity

1 comment:

moonshinejunkyard said...

good words about new memories, migs, and so true.

also, about the Alamo, I was a little uneasy there too. The history of that place is complex and shadowy and there is no cut-and-dry explanation for what happened there. Neither side was doing anything very great, no matter how much US history books glorify it. Anyway, Texas is a very patriotic state. But i do love it there. someday you'll have to see darin's family's hometown, Hubbard. It has about 200 people and the tiniest little main street and one DQ where I ordered the grossest grilled cheese sandwich ever in the world.

Can't wait to see you!