Sunday, May 24, 2009

The Reason

I didn't forget the reason, I just felt so hopeless after a while that I began to believe that any effort made was without purpose since the situation is too big to face. But that's like saying the mountain before us is too tall to climb, so instead let's sit down and stare at it ignorantly smug. You never know how far you can ride your bike until you justget out and go. The incredible, inexplicable part about being alive is serendipity, and the odd coincidences that dance their way into our lives. But those coincidences, also known as opportunities, will only exist if we put ourselves out there in the first place, in the crossfire of mystery bullets. No, the reason has never gone away. It's actually gotten bigger. You know what I did? I gave up. I looked at it, cried, shrugged my sad shoulders not knowing what to do and sat down to stare at the impossible mountain, stare at the obvious trailheads right in front of my face. Glaringly obvious, in the afternoon sun. How many nights have I camped in front of these trails, not an inch closer to the mountain nor his summit. The reason is there, and more beautiful than ever. It's in trickster tales, Terminator Salvation, in every pair of Chacos I've tried on, every buck I've pocketed from work, every friend I see online, every time youve been in love, every picture youve taken, every time a song gives you chills or a movie makes you cry. The reason is filling my heart and is not cold or stale. It's the reason we all have, and its more beautiful than ever before.
Don't convice yourself that you are alone or that there is no reason for why you are here. There is a reason and you are the bringer of light for your fellow people. You are not alone because I too am a bringer of light. And so is she, and so is he, and everything that we do brings light. Don't ask yourself any more questions, just let it lie and bring us all light as you climb that beautiful mountain before you.
Goodnight
Migs

No comments: