Sunday, February 20, 2011

Epic Dust, interrupted

I wrote the first Scene of a screenplay today, the first time in my adult life beyond college that I've ever really sat down to compose something in writing with more of a longterm vision than just the immediate..

And I think it came together quite nicely.

So much so, that it gave me an idea:

What if I blogged the script, scene-by-scene (think Dickens) on here for you to read and respond to?

It would go like this: weekly (or whatever time frame), I would post a new scene from the script to be read and responded to, sort of episodically but all one cohesive story. You read it, respond to it with a touch of honest feedback (criticism is invaluable!) and we go from there. Maybe the next week is a new scene, maybe it's a totally revamped version of the already written one... it's anybody's game!

What do you think? You ethereal-collective-worldwide-consciousness-occasionally-responding-to-my-dilemmas thing, you. Are you in on reading a suspensefully epic story created before your very eyes that will build to a blogged finale/climactic event shaped by a combination of your feedback and my writing as if the gods themselves we're wielding magma?!? YES?!?!??


OR I could just write a script and post it. I can go either way.
That's what she said.

Migs

1 comment:

moonshinejunkyard said...

i dig it. i'll read it. rad.