Tuesday, March 2, 2010

shaking

I'm shaking inside like an earthquake
is rolling through my stomach and won't stop
sending wave after sickening wave
from my my neck through my legs, my fingers
quivering uncontrollably like I am standing scared
staring at an oncoming train in a blank state
My hands are twitching, their sad dance
reminding me the stab of quaking rolls won't go away
for what I've wasted, all that I have
tried and failed and lost, helplessly
I shake and quake waiting for the train..
Trailing behind in the wake my body won't stop shaking

2 comments:

moonshinejunkyard said...

sounds like you're detoxing. weird. you have quite the knack for turning a phrase by the way.

mattbeatty said...

This sounds a bit gruesome, morbid, sad, defeated, pained, but also maybe a sense of healing in there somewhere. Let's help conquer this sadness . . . temporary, right? Right. That's how it always is. I think Heather nails it in that it's like detox a little. You're used to something, feeling something, expecting something, but it's dissipated or you can't find it and now you feel helpless to other forces, like the train. Loss, such a feeling of loss. You either need to find it or forget it or get used to it! You're awesome Mikie and you'll adapt. You're one of the most adaptable people I know! Good stuff, good catharsis, poetry is such a great way to feel through words, express complex feelings without needing a novel. Talent.