Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Goings-on

walking home from the bus stop at 4:05am tonight I heard a loud rumble and crash behind me. I looked back, wondering..and then 5 minutes later a girl that was standing outside her house stopped me. "Excuse me, did you just feel an earthquake?" I responded, "no..but I did hear something weird"
Then I realized I had been in an earthquake. Big deal. It was a 4.4.

Now I'm sitting on my bed with a horribly sunburnt back and chest and neck.

Tonight I ate at a bar where two middle-aged women from Tennessee were picking up on me, and invited me home. I wanted to ditch them but didn't know how, so I brought them next door to the W hotel. Jamie Foxx was waiting there, and he picked them up and took them home in his silver Lamborghini. Thanks Jamie, I owe you one.

On the bus these two younger gangster fellows were going to murder me. I ended up sitting really close to the bus driver and talking to her the whole time to distract me from the scary dudes. I'm quite amazed that I'm sitting in my apartment right now, since I was so so convinced that I was going to die tonight.

Yesterday I drove to San Diego after sleeping in and knowing I should leave. It was a beautiful drive down to SD. One of my favorites. Last night I had another late-night conversation with the one and only CNFox after a lovely dinner with Daniel and Melissa at BJ's Brewery.

This morning I hiked a peak overlooking the cities of Tijuana and San Diego with Daniel. In doing so, I: 1 - had an amazing conversation with Daniel, 2 - acquired a massive sunburn that now glows red against my back, chest and arms.

Tomorrow morning I have an audition at 11:30am, but I'm going to ditch it. Don't judge me, I'm exhausted.

I wish I could have gone to Joshua Tree. I can't wait to work on the river this summer. I love you World. Goodnight.

Mikie

3 comments:

moonshinejunkyard said...

wonderful. lovely. i want to hike that peak with you and have crazy conversations and get sunburnt. it took me a minute to realize who CNFox was, thinking it was a news rep. very clever. i miss you and hopefully will be seeing you VERY SOON! love love love you.

mattbeatty said...

Your snippet adventures are so so amazing. I love how each is an individual unbelievable story, and yet they're true--they're all true--such is life in LA and the south of the California. Pretty spectacular stuff. I can't wait to be sunburned (mildly) in the near, near future. The hiking of peaks is always amazing too. Come hike some Utahn peaks with me.

moonshinejunkyard said...

utah peaks? i am so in.