Wednesday, December 10, 2008

here we go

I've been having a pretty difficult time getting a job lately.
And I saw Milk tonight. The film was excellent! seriously, it was great. Strolling downtown in the brisk night with Candice was refreshing, the Del Mar is a charming place to see movies in Santa Cruz, and afterwards nothing beats Orion's belt shining bright in the moonlight. You know?
Yeah. But getting a job in Santa Cruz is literally the most difficult thing I've ever attempted to do, in the history of my life. Graduating college was actually easier than this. By the time I'd done this much work I would be making thousands in the TV business, even millions. Seriously, the self-selling I've done here for the most repetitive, diminuitive work has been fruitless and I am humiliated one day after another. Only mother nature and a few close amigos are here to remind me that I am worth even barely more than nothing at all.
4+ months of Santa Cruz and I am no better off financially than a 17-year-old coming out of high school.
I'm ready to move to a place where there are opportunities for real jobs, and more friends than I have now. I don't know what the future's all about, but I could use a bit more motivation than I'm giving myself. Any help?


_Mikie

4 comments:

heather said...

what happened to your restaurant job?

Mikie Beatty said...

one day a week, hardly. but never fear

Lindsey said...

tonight is going to be the biggest full moon of the year. if you let it, it will tell you secrets.

Susan said...

Mikie, you know you have all the abilities and talents in the world! You may have to get out of SC to accomplish your goals, but for now enjoy that beautiful, sunny beachy town. Love it and love being with Candice. Enjoy every moment before your working too hard. Just take some pizza deliverys and get some tips and enjoy yourself til April. You've got the occasional 365 job. That's quite an accomplishment in itself. You told me your old buddy from Pizza My Heart will put you back on the list, go for that for now and enjoy your life!!! I love you, Mom