Monday, June 23, 2008

i despise my telephone



twice today I tried to throw my phone away
twice i spun it sideways from my palm,
once it landed in the street not far away,
the second time the thing flew farther on
making its way into some fields of bush
That time around, I let it lie, the lying thing.
It sat there 15 minutes, maybe more
until my dad came round in his Nissan
hello dad "hop in!" what a cool old guy
and so I did. "I threw my phone" i said
and quiet like he does, he drove us back
back towards the field where my blue phonething lied
"where is it" "somewhere near those green bushes.."
then out, I hopped the fence, and there it lay
an ugly wrecked rectangle, smudged green sticker on its back
you stupid piece of blue and silver plastic
you flat, tiny, silent scumbag staring up at me.
"I hate you" then raised my foot up high
directly over it's opaque ugliness
ankles braced, Teva sandals firm,
my foot raised high, ready to smash the thing
with all that energy balled into a fist
swooping my arm i plucked it from grass
frowning, dejected, God, my mission failed.

I want to throw my phone away still
its slimey blueness laying silently
quiet on the desk in front of me
what was once a shiny friend
I hate it more than anythng.
I hate you phone, you only bring me terror
you tacky Razr kiss my human rear
I'm not going to charge you tonight
just so you die.
..
I wish disney had a different number for me
otherwise I would have left it there

1 comment:

heather said...

why would you have that much animosity toward an inanimate object? clearly it is something going on THROUGH the phone that you hate. it was nice of dad to drive you back to find it. you'd probably hate not having a phone even more.