Monday, June 30, 2008

executive decision



i don't think i've ever not been happy.
instead, there are way too many things that do make me happy
so having to choose just one of them has always been difficult
when really you just love it all.

I made an executive decision tonight.
After very much deduction, discernment, discussion, decision, deliberation, picture-looking-at, myspace-researching, life-thinking and total long-nighted consideration, it is this:

I will not be moving back to LA.

Sorry guys. the desire is gone.
There are too many wonderful things to do otherwise!
too much summer to spring happily about to, too many country markets to attend, too much grad school to consider, too many jobs to get, worlds to explore, colors to drink, nights to dance at local bars, too many other ways to experience happiness than that way.
It was like a foreign exchange program, I was a visitor (it shows in my photography!) But my home was never really there and my life has always been everywhere.
SO if too many things make you happy - why choose just one?
we'll always return to what we love anyway, old friends and snowboarding and doing plays. Happiness is first and foremost about people, what you can share with them and everything that follows.
So I am definitely not planning to move back, and it feels good to say it.
I can't wait to see what's gonna happen next!
the fungus on my toes never really fit in down there anyway, at least not with my Tevas on.

Love Mikie

1 comment:

Amy Beatty said...

Love it!! Good for you mikie!!