Wednesday, August 13, 2008

candyapple

Like a salmon-leaping river
swimming down into the sea
i would sing to you every night
just to see you sleep
Like an empty movie-cabinet shelf
akin a fuzzy tv screen
I'm alone without the sound of you
next to me, breathing
Like fruit filling in a danish
making my lips taste so sweet
I can see forever dancing
in the sweetness of your feet
because you're strawberries on shortcake
sugar in a pie
chocolate chips in my cookies
you're the candyapple of my eye
In a castle by the ocean
where our Poley sleeps alone
my heart waits also quietly
for you to come back home
In a city full of strangers
with their chocolate-covered cars
my eyes keep looking skyward
to wish upon the stars
So as summer turns to winter
and salty into sweet
my love keeps truckin happily
with such sweet things to eat
Like strawberries on shortcake
sugar in a pie
chocolate chips in my peanut butter cookies
you're the candyapple of my eye

100_1609

1 comment:

Amy Beatty said...

I loved this mikie!!! YOu two are so cute. I'm so glad I was there for the show. Love you!