Wednesday, August 13, 2008

books

for every present you've given to me I feel loved
and with each gift from you I move
that much farther out into the world;
each piece of advice you say I heed,
you always know best.
Tonight I'm looking through all these books
and a book-lover-hoarder am I, thanks to you
I am proud of my books, from you
I store them like gems
precious novels of hope and importance
science and fantasy, pictures or not
you've taught me to appreciate
every kind of art, but in the books
I have stored over the years,
definitely this was learned most from you.
I guess this is me saying Thank You
for molding me into a lover of books
almost an obsession,
so if I've read them or not
I still love them like chocolate candybars
books are my dreams. thank you for giving me dreams
I love you mom.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Thank you Mikie. And thank you for the joy you've brought to my life, being my movie going pal for a long time, the wonderful plays we all got to go see throughout the years, your bubbling over enthusiasm for life! You have so many wonderful talents, thank you for sharing them and you with me.

Amy Beatty said...

Mikie, I think you are turning into a mushpot - it's ok. I love this side of you. It is so great to have these feelings and then act upon them. It is what makes the world a brighter place. What good is all the love in the world if you lock it up inside of you. Thank you for sharing. love you, amy xoxo