Tuesday, July 22, 2008

surplus

heading in, eyes squinted, with fervorous abandon,
I throw caution yon in knowing hopes
that the bright sun will soon light my way
to something unexpectedly divine.
Even in the darkest times, the summer fails to disappoint
and does it ever. delaying routines, living a dream
I bask in river-washing sun, running rampant
across countrysides by waterbanks;
it's drunk to live in summer months
sunning pretty bellies as if you've not already
then sun some more
bronze my shoulders till they're sore
losing myself to mountain lore
swim in rivers, baking on-shore
puting up tents inside our door
I love this summer surplus store!

2 comments:

moonshinejunkyard said...

the last six lines of this make it sound like some kind of crazy sonnet. it has such a good feeling, come camp and romp the hills with us migs! do some movie making. sing and dance. make food. hike around. drink beer. woo hoo!

Susan said...

Summer fun! Great imagery Mikie, Love you, hope you're enjoying the seashore now.