Friday, July 24, 2009

work = play

I had a fantastic conversation with trevor at Clavey Falls the other day about what to do with my professional life. He told me I should still do what I wanted to do a year ago and haven't yet: produce as well as act. And he's right, I want to. I've had some ideas lately that I think could be pretty sweet, I'm just stuck behind the crutch of not having production equipment nor experience. (Nor can I kayak, which would aid in my personal journey for one of the projects.) But that's another thing he said, that I need to have my own journey while doing it.
We'll make it happen. It'll happen. I just need a solid jumping off point.
Additionally, I decided last night that a job I would never cease to enjoy is the management of River Runners. That would be a dream job worth committing to. Seriously.
That's it. I have to poop.

...

and in addition - yesterday, I watched and realized something I might consider a very important part of what I want to do with my life: include. There's no better feeling than to watch a person go from being an outsider to feeling included and welcome, and what that does to the person. Our society is so chalk full of segments and bubbles and cliques, and I don't believe in not including people. So to watch someone from the outside make their way in, and be accepted as part of the group to the point that they feel welcome enough to participate without judgment, well that's maybe just about my favorite feeling in the whole wide world. It makes me smile very fully to see it.
Include everyone. The world needs a Fiddle Faddle Bodyguard.

No comments: