Tuesday, October 28, 2008

the worst poem I have ever written, By Mikie Beatty

..

big econ test just done

I must say was kind of fun

did I learn? new ways of thinking

like how money's value's shrinking

I know little bout inflation

or the reserves of a nation

but I certain understand

concepts of supply, demand

so however I just did

I'm edumacateded

knowing just a little more about

the money in my checking account.

(or the bucks I found last night

at the laundramat, twas TIGHT!

so I used some as I pleased

to buy TJs groceries

Now here is a fine story

of the exchange of currency

for some food for us to go through

like the cheese, salad and tofu,

that I bought for forty bucks

I found in the laundry muck)

now I'm writing patiently

waiting for a girl with me

to return from in her class

hoping unhappy will pass

so we can go buy costumes

Halloween is coming so soon

Like, in 4 days.

2 comments:

heather said...

that was amazing and it made me giggle a lot, like, out loud. GREAT JOB!

Susan said...

Mikie, that poem was fun. Lucky you finding some money. Love you guys, Mom