Wednesday, September 17, 2008

really bad things happened tonight
because i don't have a job
how simple and mundane a reason
you think, 'what a lazy slob'
and so the purpose of this poem
is to describe in some detail
the places to which I have applied
with my resume, to no avail:

#1 Rosie McCann's, Santa Cruz
#2 Cabillo College
#3 UC Santa Cruz
#4 Limelite Cafe
#5 La Posta Italian Bistro
#6 Hoffmans downtown
#7 Kianti's Italian
#8 A shop at the harbor
#9 A movie man in SF
#10 Bookshop Santa Cruz
#11 Bugaboo sporting goods
#12 Logos books too
#13 Borders of course, who wouldn't
#14 Trader Joe's, downtown
#15 Seabright Brewery
#16 Takari Sushi
#17 Shogun Sushi too
#18 Beckmann's Bakery
#19 Lulu's
#20 Pacific Edge
#21 PCFMA (Pacific Coast Farmers Markets)
#22 A bar downtown
#23 your mom's garage
#24 a random disney TV spot
#26 Soif


+more, random TV submissions including: San Jose TV broadcasting stations and SF acting jobs.

Some might not believe me,
but I don't freakin care.
The opportunities are nearly none,
I'll stop pulling out my hair.
I've done everything I could,
except go back to Pizza My Heart
the one place I was told I shouldn't
now i'm here back at the start
alone again.

3 comments:

mattbeatty said...

Wow. Is this for real? Sounds like you've done your work--applying for 20+ jobs?! Insane. Have you followed up on any of the jobs? Is there one you want the most? Is Pizza My Heart maybe a good secondary choice? I don't know, but this sounds like a pretty crappy situation--sorry about it. We should talk more . . . are you going to be in town for Zack's wedding? Sounds like the LA excursion/adventure was a success, eh?

Amy Beatty said...

Crazy. But also sounds like a pain, it takes work to apply for a job. You have been busy. But, I myself feels like maybe they didn't workout for a reason. What is meant to be will be!! Can't wait to see what will happen.

Susan said...

Mikie you are trying so hard and have already accomplished so much! Just hang in there we never know what each day will bring. I never would have believed two days ago that I would have to leave my darling little home and would be on the search again for a home. I can never sleep when this happens. I know you are in LA now and hope that you have a wonderful shoot today and a great move tonight, see you this weekend. I love you very very much honey, Momma